Sunday, 27 May 2012

where has the time gone???

Wow hasn't time flown, I was sure it had only been about two weeks since I last posted but it appears not! Nearly a month has gone by and not had much time to craft :( Its not all bad though as work has just been a little full on as we have been preparing for an open day in my office to attempt to get more awareness about in the community in regards to the help and support we can give to people suffering at the hands of substance misuse and drinking problems. In that I don't just mean breaking the downward spiral and cycle of individual users but also the support we offer to relatives, friends and family and also others who are close to individuals who use/drink and may become affected by another's substance misuse ( we run relative support groups and 121's and so wanted to promote this further). Anyway the open day was busy, we had a few presentations and talks followed by a healthy summer buffet and then onto alternative therapy tester sessions to show what we offer our clients. All this equals a tired but content bunny that was ready to get some beach therapy this weekend....oh yes!

I've had a fab weekend I managed to get to the beach on Saturday with my two boys (my daughter went to another beach with her friends as apparently I wasn't 'cool' enough that day hahaha. My boys bought water guns on the way with their chore money and played for hours burying each other in sand, digging random holes, swimming and playing with their water guns (lucky for everyone where we went Shell Bay is a fairly quiet but gorgeous beach so no annoyed sunbathers ;)   )  After this I cooked our tea on a BBQ and then caught the chain ferry over to Poole and Bournemouth to go visit some friends of mine and my children's for the evening.

Today I've had the chance to enjoy the sun again and headed out to my daughters friends charity event called Teddy 20 in memory of her younger brother who died of cancer 2 years ago as they have events on all the time in aid of children's Cancer charities. I did a little face painting before heading home and then chilled out in the back garden in the sun with some of my crafty bits for the first time in weeks. I think I did pretty well as my boys kept charging around with their water guns and a few times I really though I was going to get drenched but luckily my craft bits saved the day as they know how precious my crafty bits are to me!! So here is the card I made below, I decided to theme it red white and blue as those were the colours for today's charity event as well as the up and coming Queens jubilee and also because I picked up this cute Forever friends stamp about a week ago.


Ingredients:
Portobello road papers form papermania
Forever friend stamp image and the sentiment was from a free pack of clear stamps which I got with a magazine
Various hand made flowers using tattered florals from Tim Holtz Bigz dies as well as smaller mulbury paper roses from wild orchard crafts 
I also used other Die shapes cutters such Spellbinders Nestabilities - Lacey squares, small Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels four and Sizzix swirls
Finally Finished off with Tim Holtz distress inks


I'd like to enter this into :

*papertake weekly - True colours
*Cupcake Craft challenges - Royalty......( I went with Royal-tea :)  )
*Fashionista Challenge - Simply Summer
*Craft your days away - Red, White and Blue  (Edit...I won top 3 for this!!....so chuffed to bits!!)
*Penny Black - London Celebrates


So that's it for now other than some packing as I'm heading up North this coming weekend to drop my youngest off with my dad as he's going camping for a week in the Isle of Man for the TT bike Ralley and oh does he love his granddad to pieces! It has been over a year since my last drive up so I am looking forward to seeing all my family :)

Well that's it for now, night all x

11 comments:

  1. So cute!! Love the image and all the pretty flowers you added. Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to add... so glad you shared you wondeful creation with us at penny black and more! Good luck and hope we see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card Shell. Full of fun and celebration. Just perfect for our challenge at penny Black and More this month.
    Good luck in our prize draw and we hope you will join us next month too.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cutie pie
    We appreciate you joining in this challenge at Fashionista! Good Luck!

    Rina Fashionistalittle bear peeking out of that cup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo fun, I love the image, very cute. Thanks for playing with our Royalty Challenge at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and such a cute stamp, thank you for joining in the fun at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shell! This is a fabulous card, and a great take on our Royalty challenge at Cupcake this week! Hugs, Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card so apt for the coming weekend.
    Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on the royalty challenge! Very orogianl! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shell love the colour combo with this image and thanks for sharing with us at PAPERTAKE WEEKLY. Aunty Sue GDT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek at my work, I do love making new friends and reading through the comments so please feel free to follow me or leave a Message

Thank you

Shell :)