Sunday, 22 April 2012


Ok so as usual nothing goes to plan and I didn't get round to doing all the cards I set out to do, I did how ever manage to get my brothers card done after spending some fun messing around with distress inks to create some of my own papers to use on this card and future ones. This is the first time I've attempted creating my own papers and despite initial reservations that it would all go wrong I ended up covered in ink and had so much fun! anyway here is the card I've made for my brother just in time to pop it in the post tomorrow and make it to Oz in time for his birthday.
I'm going to enter my first challenges with this card which are:
*Boys dig it at 4 crafty chicks
*Men only at Sparkles monthly challenges
*Loaded with layers at Stamptacular Sunday challenge Blog
*It's a man thing at Crafty Ann's challenge
*card for a man at Everybody-art-challenge
*Inspired by film title at Secret crafters Saturday Challenge and my film inspiration for this card is Easy Rider
*Make it old at Sweet and sassy digi challenges
*Loads of layers at Delicious doodles
*Earth tones at Dream valley challenges


Its very dull here today and haven't managed to catch the metallic accents on the card as much as I would have liked. I found a picture of an old vintage bike in black and white and printed it out onto some card, added some greys shading with pro markers and a pencil, distressed most of the edges of paper and card stock by either using scissors, tearing and also screwing up the paper I designed then went Tim Holtz distress ink mad on all my card and stock.


 I finished this card by inking up some Tim Holtz gadget gears die cuts. I'm hoping my brother likes it :)


The last card I managed to make was a card my daughter asked me to make with 20 minutes notice as she was going to a friends birthday and forgot to ask me to make one earlier, so it did feel a little unfinished as it was a bit of a mad rush especially seen as all my craft items are stored in the back of my laundry cupboard and takes so long to pull out! Any way here it is......


Maybe sometimes simple is better? I'm not sure as the middle looks bare to me???? Anyway here I used a Gorjuss stamp image and some old paper stock I've been meaning to use for sometime and then distressed it with black soot Tim Holtz distress ink around the edges. I used a Sizzix die cut corner flourish and added some pink mulberry roses that I also distressed with the same black soot ink, I then added a stamped sentiment onto some lace. I'm still being critical of my inking and keep looking at what I could have done better to the hair but its still a learning curve to me as find black hair hard to get right




12 comments:

  1. Love this vintage project. Thanks for making our Boys Dig It challenge so special.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer @ 4 CCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool card- nice vintage techniques, really comes together so well! Thanks for joining our Boys Dig it challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!
    Hugs!
    Heather P (Guest DT)
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! You've sorted the link perfectly Shell! I'm so pleased you did, because it's great to read how you achieved this excellent work as well as being able to leave comment to tell you. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's and I hope we'll see you again on Friday for the new challenge.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!

    thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sparkles for our ” Men Only ” challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon
    Good luck in the draw

    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Earth Tones card. And the 'rushed' card is fab too. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your cards Shell, distress inks are a little addictive, once you start that's it, your borther with love his card. The pink and black colour combo looks fab and I love the layout.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHhh, I'm glad I found you so I could comment on your SNSDC card! The link you added to the blog only shows the picture :) Your brother will really enjoy this card - it's so cool looking, and I thank you for playing along at the SNSDC this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great earth tone card :-) Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley this time, hope to see you again soon! Elaine DT -xxx-
    p.s I have lovely candy on offer if you would like to enter, its on my sidebar at www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Covered in ink sounds like a lovely way to spend the day. LOL Your card looks amazing Shell. Very masculine and perfectly distressed. :-) Your "throw together" card for you daughter looks pretty cool to me. Who can't smile at a Gorjuss girl! :-) Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shell, thank you for visiting my blog, i am going to follow you too! The image you liked on my card was a die cut from Kanban. It came in a pack of 2 with some other die cuts on it, we have some of the pack left and my Mum said we can send you it if you want. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles this time and good luck....your card is really cool!
    Love from Rebecca x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet thank you, I don't exspect you to send them though....but very sweet of you to think of me :) Now I know what make they are I will hopefully find them online.

      Thanks again
      Shell x

      Delete
  11. Love your earth tone card ♥
    Thanks for joining us at DVC
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek at my work, I do love making new friends and reading through the comments so please feel free to follow me or leave a Message

Thank you

Shell :)