Sunday, 29 April 2012

New stuff :D

Well had a fab day yesterday as managed to get out (child free!!) and attended to the creative craft show at Shepton Mallet (Bath and West show grounds) for the first time ever with my friend, I was a very happy bunny :D.  I bought some bits I've had on my 'want' list for a while to top up my kit and also some one off bargins for bigger projects when I get the time.

Anyway this is the card I've made this week for my step mum Jacqui's upcoming birthday in June. She loves bumble bees maybe due to the fact the hairdressers she owns is called J Bee's and its grown from there? Now yellow is really not my favourite colour and really struggled to find the right yellow papers but I had a lucky reduced pack find at the craft show and with a little distress ink and a bit of masking I kind of got the look I wanted. Now I would not have normally set out to do a yellow themed card and still not sure if I went a little over kill or not but I'm a big believer in learning from your mistakes

So here's the card........


I love this image of Rosabelle from Kraftin Kimmie although thinking of investing in some finer nibs for my Letraset markers after inking this as she has some tiny ankles!


I dyed some straw mesh ribbon black and pulled it apart so it looked messy as I didn't like the uniformed straight edges, I have wanted to incorporate this ribbon for some time on a card and hope it fits well? I also had loads of fun inking up and stamping some card before die cutting petals to create these rose's. I even got my daughter inking and making some larger rose's of her own (she's not like me with arts and crafts so I was a little shocked to say the least but she admitted to enjoying it) and may have planted a seed?????



I finished the card with a sentiment form Lilly of the valley and crackle glaze on the wings topped with a touch of glitter here and there on the card to give it some bling.

I would like to enter this card in for....
*Saturated Colours at TotallyPaperCrafts
*Colour inspiration at Creations by Gill M
* Spring Bling at Stamptacular Sunday challenge
*Get your girly on at southern girls challenge
*For a special lady at Dream valley challenges
*Spring at Crafts 4 eternity
  *The letter B at Catered Crop Obviously referring to the beautiful Bee Lady Rosabelle
*Cut it out at Passion for Pro marker

Well  that's all for now, have plenty of ideas floating around and feeling inspired after a fully crafty weekend....smiles all round


Please leave feedback as I love to read through them and meet new friends.....please also follow if you wish xx


11 comments:

  1. stunning card shell.i love your fab colours and details and the image is gorgeous.
    thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shell, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is FAB! I think the black and yellow looks amazing and your handmade roses are terrific.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Caroline xxx
    PS: Do you know you have word verification on? It's so much easier to leave a comment if it's turned off. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) No I didn't know I had it on and not sure how to turn it off??? Am new to all this, it a learning curve lol xxx

      Delete
  5. This is fabby, thank you for taking part in my challenge this month at CBGM

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect image and colours for your stepmum! Thanks for joining our For a Special Lady challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovey card and super cool image ♥
    Thanks for joining us at SGC
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love all the yellow :-) Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the design.


    I’m stopping by from the Catered Crop.

    ~Cheryl~

    **I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek at my work, I do love making new friends and reading through the comments so please feel free to follow me or leave a Message

Thank you

Shell :)